When starting a microISV, many people do marketing the old fashioned way. Trial and error. With that in mind, I thought that many of you would be interested in knowing some statistics on things like “which day is best for downloads” or “on what day are most shareware purchases made”. Hint… its not the same day.
Well now you can know! eSellerate, a leading software commerce provider, has graciously supplied microISV with data gathered over the last six months of 2004. I have compiled this information into charts that I think will be very useful when tailoring marketing campaigns for your software.
The following charts are provided in the pdf:
- microISV poll - Who is your target market?
- microISV poll - What type of trial do you offer?
- microISV poll - When did you last purchase a shareware application?
- Downloads by hour of the day
- Downloads by day of the week
- Purchases by hour of the day
- Purchases by day of the week
Download the pdf, Shareware Statistics from microISV, and feel free to share it with others who may be interested in these statistics. As always, I’m interested in hearing your feedback regarding information such as this so that I can keep the site updated with what is most useful.